“Aging is an inevitable process. I surely wouldn’t want to grow younger. The older you become, the more you know; your bank account of knowledge is much richer” –William Holden
We all read a lot of information about what skincare products do. But have you ever stopped and thought about where to keep it after you buy it? There’s no sense in getting top grade skincare if you don’t know how to take care of the products you’ve purchased.
Here are the top 5 tips for keeping your skin care fresh and usable:
- Keep your skin care out of the sun. We all love to have windows in the bathroom for natural light, but keep this in mind when it comes to your skincare. It’s easy to leave our products on the sink and forget about them, but doing this leaves them vulnerable to exposure. The sun’s rays are excellent at destroying skincare. In fact, lotions and serums in clear bottles can be rendered completely useless with even small amounts of sun exposure.
- Do not purchase any serums that can get exposed to air. Even the smallest amount of air can kill off your supply. Instead, look for bottles that have a one-way pump system on them. This keeps the air exposure to a minimum.
- Watch the expiration dates on bottles. If it’s past the date it’s time for the trash. Many ingredients are designed to only last to their expiration dates. Afterwards they begin to degrade, and you definitely don’t want to be putting that on your face.
- Don’t leave your skincare in the car. Even if they are out of the sun, high temperatures can destroy skincare products. Instead try buying a travel size bag that you can carry in your purse. This will ensure your investment remains safe.
- Store your bottles away from kids and pets. Shiny bottles can easily be confused with toys and the last thing you want your dog Chloe doing is playing catch with your new moisturizer.
Of course, this isn’t a complete list, but it should be enough to get you started. Keep in mind the basics: even the smallest amount of sun, air, and heat can all put the kibosh on your investment.
To your skin health,
Did you enjoy the post? We would appreciate you sharing this with friends on Pinterest or Facebook. Thank you for reading!